gettin a new rig..what do you think??

golf_addict73

In Runtime
Well...i'm getting a new computer...probably gonna order all the parts tonight or tomorrow....anyway...i need to keep it under $650...i already bought the case so that isn't part of the $650.....heres what i have
-thermaltake Soprano
-thermaltake silent purepower 480w
-AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+
-PQI Turbo 1GB (2x512)
-Abit AN8-Ultra
-Sapphire Radeon X300SE 128MB PCI express x16(i don't game)
-Western Digital Caviar 80GB hard drive serial ATA150

remember i only have $650 to spend...lemme know what you think and if i should make any changes

it fin except for the graphics card but seeing that u don't game it should be fine, u could probably just use onboard if u aint planning on gaming but it might be a bit **** for videos but w/e but still looks good XD

well due to the $650 budget I will stick with the current video card....There are many great reviews and it seems to play a lot of games on high settings and others on medium......Good enough for me...Here are the final specifications
Abit AN8-Ultra
Seagate 80GB serial ATA150
AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+
Radeon X300SE 128MB
Patriot signature series 1GB (2x512)
LITE-ON black IDE cd burner
Samsung black IDE 1.44MB floppy drive

I'm ordering this tonight when my dad gets home...so speak now or forever hold your peace!!!

That looks quite good.

I'd take a way bigger hard drive, but if u don't need lot's of space then there is no point. But 80GB is so little.

looks nice. depending on what you do, 80 gig might not be enough. i dont know much about vid cards but it sounds nice.

and the soprano i dont REALLY like but it is better than my junk case.

golf_addict73 said:
Well...i'm getting a new computer...probably gonna order all the parts tonight or tomorrow....anyway...i need to keep it under $650...i already bought the case so that isn't part of the $650.....heres what i have
-thermaltake Soprano
-thermaltake silent purepower 480w
-AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+
-PQI Turbo 1GB (2x512)
-Abit AN8-Ultra
-Sapphire Radeon X300SE 128MB PCI express x16(i don't game)
-Western Digital Caviar 80GB hard drive serial ATA150

remember i only have $650 to spend...lemme know what you think and if i should make any changes

Why in the hell would you have a sweet rig like that and you DONT GAME??!?! You're crazy. Buy BF2 and experience computer-nerd bliss. :cool: :cool: :cool:

well....I really don't have much time to game....although i would like to play some war games...like 1st person shooter games......I don't have time because of school then i usually have to go to work or church...right now i have a 40GB hdd in my computer and i haven't use it all...so i think an 80GB will be plenty...and i'll prolly buy one in like 1 year or so.....but is the RAM alright...i changed it to Patriot Signature series RAM (2x512).....I heard it was much better than the PQI and was a better company also....I'm gonna order it around 8 EST so lemme know your opinions before then

golf_addict73 said:
well....I really don't have much time to game....although i would like to play some war games...like 1st person shooter games......I don't have time because of school then i usually have to go to work or church...right now i have a 40GB hdd in my computer and i haven't use it all...so i think an 80GB will be plenty...and i'll prolly buy one in like 1 year or so.....but is the RAM alright...i changed it to Patriot Signature series RAM (2x512).....I heard it was much better than the PQI and was a better company also....I'm gonna order it around 8 EST so lemme know your opinions before then

If you get a newer graphics card can buy BF2, you will have something fun to do in your spare time.

Back
Top Bottom