GeForce 8800GTS G92 512MB vs GTX 280

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I recently built a new PC, now over the last week or so I have found that lots of new hardware is out and it isn't too expensive in some cases. I chose to go for dual core and now regret it and now I find that I can get a 9800GTX for less than I payed for my 8800GTS. Anyway, apparently the GTX 280 is way better than my 8800GTS and so is the 4870. My question is, how far behind am I already now and will it be long before I can no longer just buy a game and max out the settings. I know this seems like a slightly pointless thread but I'm feeling a bit annoyed at the moment :(

Cough 4870...I have a single one in my box at the moment and I want to marry it.

Anyone here have the power to legal bind my video card to me through marriage?

Yes I love her.

Yes my card is a female.

I have same card and am currently happy with it. Sure there are other cards cheaper than what I paid for it originally but thats just the way video cards are. If I were you I would upgrade at same time I am. I am upgrading in January because alot of it will be cheaper. You will probably get a great deal on a 4870 and maybe even a 4870x2. No game coming out before then will cripple your graphics with that card. If worse comes to worse just set graphics to medium or high instead of ultra high.

Back
Top Bottom