Gamers, check it out! LAG FREE!!!!

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey all, as you guys can see in my sig, im kind of a budget gamer, anyway i play battlefield 2, and joint operations, if anybody plays either of those, you well know that you can get tons of lag at times, BUT i read somewhere else on another forum about how to get rid of lag, and its EXTREMELY easy! simply open up your network connections>right click on your internet connection>properties>and disable QoS packet scheduler! its that easy, their explanation for this, was QoS gets rid of the spikes in the internet, so if you are in a game with TONS of people and something big happens, you usually get lag right? that causes a huge spike in the network, and QoS tries to keep the network connection evenly used, this also helped my local network from computer to computer majorly, if you guys want to get the edge, give it a try, it raised my Joint ops online FPS, from 15 to 30, not joking, so give it a try!

kyle

Thanks for the post! I'm not a pc gamer, but I am a networking student, and I had no idea what this service was used for until now. According to my research, Windows uses it to assign a higher priority to packets being sent and received by "Qos aware" applications. Apparently its only useful on slower connections, i.e. dial-up. Otherwise it just gropes the packets to death and slows down normal operations on high speed connections. I found some information about Qos services on the microsoft website. I'll post the link here just as an FYI. By the way, this made for an interesting discussion in class Yesterday.

Thanks Again.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q316666

bullzi said:
hey all, as you guys can see in my sig, im kind of a budget gamer, anyway i play battlefield 2, and joint operations, if anybody plays either of those, you well know that you can get tons of lag at times, BUT i read somewhere else on another forum about how to get rid of lag, and its EXTREMELY easy! simply open up your network connections>right click on your internet connection>properties>and disable QoS packet scheduler! its that easy, their explanation for this, was QoS gets rid of the spikes in the internet, so if you are in a game with TONS of people and something big happens, you usually get lag right? that causes a huge spike in the network, and QoS tries to keep the network connection evenly used, this also helped my local network from computer to computer majorly, if you guys want to get the edge, give it a try, it raised my Joint ops online FPS, from 15 to 30, not joking, so give it a try!

kyle

um u said to disable qos but u said that qos is good later..... but anyway. here is another way to speed things up.

go to
2. Run - gpedit.msc
3. Expand the "Local Computer Policy" branch.
4. Then expand the "Administrative Templates" branch.
5. Expand the "Network" branch.
6. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left pane.
7. In the right window pane double-click the "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" setting.
8. On the settings tab check the "Enabled" item.
9. Change "Bandwidth limit %" to read 0.
10. Then go to your Network connections Start=>Control Panel>Network & Internet connections>Network Connections and right-click on your connection. Then under the General or the Networking tab, (where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.

It may take effect immediately on some systems. To be sure, just re-boot.

cable only...

well, I just did it and i'm starting up bf2, so I'll see what happens although I don't usually get any lag i'll see if it improves my ping

edit--> man did not work for me at all, went from about around 30 ping, to 850...

wow really?? well its worked for me, and a lot of the people at international conflict for joint ops, hope it works for more people

spywarebanisher, when did i say QoS helped??

Back
Top Bottom