game freezing problem

Johnh

Baseband Member
i just installed need for speed most wanted on my computer and my computer exceeds all of the specs for the game (processor, video card, ram, hd, etc.) but whenever i run it, it goes for about 5 minutes or so and then freezes the computer so i cant even do ctrl alt delete or anything like that. also a lot of times it doesnt even start up, or it will get to the starting screen, and then my computer will shut off as if somebody is unplugging it (nobody is by the way) I've tried emailing EA games and they sent me some suggestions,(setting affinity on game, closing background programs, new video card drivers, and shutting off some of the video card settings) but none of these seem to work even a little bit.

i was hoping somebody would have some suggestions/solutions!

thanks!

john

pentium 4 530J prescott 3.0 ghz processor 800 mhz FSB 1mb cache

geforce xfx 6200 graphics card

1gb corsair RAM

200gb western digital hd

400 watt pwr supply

LG dvd+/- RW drive

Windows XP

MSI NEO3-F mobo, gigabit lan

Dont run the game on highest settings. Because the video card will over heat, and shut out the game. At least thats what happens with me...

how would i change the settings to lower ones. im not sure how to do that??

yeah that sounds like a heat problem, that is what is happening to all the xbox 360's they are over heating because ignorant consumers think they can cram a 9ghz machine in a small shelf.

ok... i went into the game and did my best to figure out how to lower the settings, but even that didnt work. suggestions???

also... im not sure how the overheating factor would explain the computer shutting off pretty much as soon as i put in the cd (once the drive starts to spin) im really not sure, im thinking of just getting a little bit older game kuz this is getting really annoying

thanks!

first dont double post, frankly i dont give a shit about double posting but they will cuss you out about it... second that still sounds like a heat problem go to the bios and tell us what your CPU temp is like after 30 minutes of running

Back
Top Bottom