Game build

northtracks

Beta member
Mostly for Skyrim-
What do you think?
Thanks!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($137.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($177.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($112.64 @ Mac Connection)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case ($159.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHBS212-08 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($192.98 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.95 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Logitech K800 Wireless Slim Keyboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Logitech M305 Wireless Optical Mouse ($20.36 @ Amazon)
Other: Sony SRS A3 Speakers $29.99
Total: $1881.25
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

looks good to me. i just dont understand the keyboard and mouse you are choosing.
you are going to build a high end gaming rig, but you are using a cheap keyboard and mouse. why is that?

a small thing i will add is that personally i would have gotten 2x 1TB harddrives and set them in RAID-0.
i will never go back to just 1 single old school HDD running at 7200RPM.
it's just not fast enough to me anymore. files are getting bigger and takes longer to read and write.

looks good to me. i just dont understand the keyboard and mouse you are choosing.
you are going to build a high end gaming rig, but you are using a cheap keyboard and mouse. why is that?

a small thing i will add is that personally i would have gotten 2x 1TB harddrives and set them in RAID-0.
i will never go back to just 1 single old school HDD running at 7200RPM.
it's just not fast enough to me anymore. files are getting bigger and takes longer to read and write.

I'll buy another 2TB drive I suppose. What kind of mouse and keyboard do you recommend? This may sound strange but even though this is a gaming build, I'm not a serious gamer. I call it a gaming build because I'm going to utilize the video card to play Skyrim and Witcher. I also do graphic design work and I hear the video card I've chosen is appropriate for that as well.

It all looks great. Although don't think you're going to be doing a serious overclock (if any) as you would need a better aftermarket cooler.

4TB is allot of space, are you sure you need that much?

something like a logitech G110 keyboard would be great. logitech also makes allot more good products.
you should also look into razer and coolermaster(CM-Storm).
they also make great products. (i personally have a CM-Storm advance mouse and a Logitech G19 keyboard)
i can not help too much when it comes to mouse and keyboard because it is all about personal preference.
but you should buy something of good quality when you are doing both gaming and graphic design.
it was the mouse that made me complain. ^^

i think the graphic card will be more then enough for graphic design. ^^
you are gonna have a very good computer.

It all looks great. Although don't think you're going to be doing a serious overclock (if any) as you would need a better aftermarket cooler.

it's not that bad. it's gonna be doing just fine. for more extreme overclocking you need a bigger and more expensive air cooler or a water cooler.

I saw people overclocking with this cooler on YouTube- mainly their processor. I plan on doing a little overclocking. I don't know much about it though.

4TB is allot of space, are you sure you need that much?

something like a logitech G110 keyboard would be great. logitech also makes allot more good products.
you should also look into razer and coolermaster(CM-Storm).
they also make great products. (i personally have a CM-Storm advance mouse and a Logitech G19 keyboard)
i can not help too much when it comes to mouse and keyboard because it is all about personal preference.
but you should buy something of good quality when you are doing both gaming and graphic design.
it was the mouse that made me complain. ^^

i think the graphic card will be more then enough for graphic design. ^^
you are gonna have a very good computer.

Yeah! CMStorm had some really awesome keyboards! I forgot about them. :facepalm: The illuminating logitech looks so cool though. I can't help that I want a keyboard that lights up. :eek:

2TB will be a lot of space but I bought the drive w/ newegg's 4th of July promo code. It was 32% off. I need to have the same exact HD if I want to do RAID, right?

you are correct. you need to identical drives in order to do raid.

yeah i like illuminating keyboards as well. ^^

I saw people overclocking with this cooler on YouTube- mainly their processor. I plan on doing a little overclocking. I don't know much about it though.

I wasn't saying you wouldn't be able to overclock, just that you wouldn't be able to do high overclock (however that entirely depends on you define a high overclock).

And don't worry about OCing, it's quite easy when you get the hang of it :)

Caution ... Overclocking can become addictive ... eat,drink,sleep, overclock ... eat,drink,sleep, overclock, lol ... done it :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom