G15 + MX Revolution Mouse

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hey, I just got the G15 keyboard (rev2) and the MX Revolution mouse about a week ago...
The keyboard is good, the mouse is good too, but I expected more from it during games...I was thinking of replacing the MX Revolution mouse for the Razer Lachesis mouse..your reckon that would be better for gaming?

And if you know a better keyboard for gaming tell me...but ATM the keyboard is great ;)

Honestly, I think I wasted my money on my G15. All these special features like the G-keys and LCD and I don't even use them. Any standard USB keyboard would have served me fine. It is a nice keyboard for those who make use of the G-keys though. The Windows key lockout is a nice feature too.

I had a Lachesis at one point (my poor friend is using it now) and it has it's ups and downs. the short tracking height is very short (when you lift the mouse up off the pad it stops tracking VERY soon) but it was kind of uncomfortable for me.

I'm currently using a Logitech G9, and I like it more compared to the Lachesis. It's easier to aim because of it's design, but that also means its for right-handers only. It has two interchangeable grips which means less problems for people with bigger or smaller hands. Tracking distance is considerably higher than the Lachesis, and it really bugged me when I first used the G9.

Another mouse worth looking into is the Steelseries Ikari Laser.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SteelSeries/Ikari_laser/1.html

Maybe I should just buy like 10 mice and use 1 everday..after about a month I'll return each one and I'll keep the best one.

Good idea?
It's weird, but hey it could work!

Btw, I don't understand what was wrong with the Lachesis, I didn't understand, but that could be the language us 13 year olds don't understand :p

Thanks for help too! :D

Nothing's wrong with it, it was just uncomfortable for me. Tracking distance is how high you can lift the mouse before the cursor stops moving.

If a store nearby you has a good return policy, I don't see why not. I've been to Fry's and returned things just because I didn't want them anymore. Ten seems a little much though :p

Nothing's wrong with it, it was just uncomfortable for me. Tracking distance is how high you can lift the mouse before the cursor stops moving.

If a store nearby you has a good return policy, I don't see why not. I've been to Fry's and returned things just because I didn't want them anymore. Ten seems a little much though :p

Now I know what tracking distance is, praise the internet! lol
Well I guess the Lachesis being uncomfortable is more of a personal opinion and is the tracking distance lower or higher than the MX Revolution mouse..because the MX has a very low tracking distance as well...

Oh and when I said ten I was being exact :D lol

Well thanks again! ;)

EDIT: the bad thing about returning the mouse or keyboard is the guilt that I made my dad travel for 15mins just go get me the kb+M even though i paid for it..well..atleast he'll keep the change ;)

Yeah, it's a preference thing. If it's comfortable to you, then by all means use it.

The Lachesis has a VERY low tracking distance. I don't know specifics, but when you lift if you don't have to worry about your aim going crazy. I don't know how it compares to the MX Revolution.

Ten mice? Damn, I can't even think of ten gaming mice off the top of my head lol.

Bed time for me, later.

I have the first G15. Heaps better than the second. I use the G keys to launch programs and the LCD screen for the time and to check emails

I have the razer lycosa -the sexiest keyboard in the world. Unlike G15, it doesnt have the G keys instead you can make any key on the board a G key! There is one thing though, its backlighting is a bit dim but shouldnt matter if u know the key layout well.
And it has a touch sensitive multimedia keypad.

I have the razer lycosa -the sexiest keyboard in the world. Unlike G15, it doesnt have the G keys instead you can make any key on the board a G key! There is one thing though, its backlighting is a bit dim but shouldnt matter if u know the key layout well.
And it has a touch sensitive multimedia keypad.

Sounds nice, I might get a Razer...

I have the first G15. Heaps better than the second. I use the G keys to launch programs and the LCD screen for the time and to check emails

Does the first one light-up?

Back
Top Bottom