Full Screen Applications Freezing

dante444

Solid State Member
Yo

I've had my computer for about a year now and have been upgrading periodically. I just installed my new ati x1900xtx into my system. Other components are a s754 processor(2.2 ghz), 1GB of samsung ram(3200), 120Gb WD HD, amd a asus k8ne4 deluxe motherboard. The problem im facing is that basically every time i try to run full screen applications, my computer freezes and im forced to restart the computer. I've been told a number of things. That my CPU bottlenecking my vidcard, that my mobo couldnt handle my vid card, that my vid card was overheating, that my cpu was overheating, now that list goes on and its quite frustrating. I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything that i could do or, would actually KNOW what the real problem is. If there are any questions, ask. I will get you the answers within hours. This problem needs to be fixed! :mad:

Thanks guys

K Roberts

Latest drives installled?

www.ati.com

check your system temps

you can do this in BIOS (ps do it after the machine has been running for an hour or so)

use ati tool to check video card temps

u can get it at www.techpowerup.com

or use everest software to see the temps within windows.

google everest

Have a look in event viewer for problems in there (its in the admin tools section). If ya got errors, then post them up for us to see

Back
Top Bottom