Fsb

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to overclock the FSB speed on a motherboard, if so how would I go about doing it? I currently have only a 400fsb. It says my motherboard supports easy tune III but I'm not completely sure what this is. Thanks for any advice.

just go into your bios it should be under something like frequncey settings.

also watch your cpu temps

Annoyingly I have a Packard Bell BIOS so would download the bios from gigabyte then give me this option? If so what do you think would be the maximum FSB speed I could get?

Oh, I'm not too sure. You see, PC manufacturers tend to mess up on the motherboard, but personally, I doubt it. If you don't really have a use for this guy, then you could flash the BIOS. Just use this picture to look at your board. If something is different (Not caps or sensors), then don't flash.

Here's the pic:
CM.JPG

Thanks. Yes, that looks the same as my motherboard (except for the huge fan / heatsink). I had a look a gigabytes website and they only had bios updates not the full bios so I couldn't use it.

Actually I don't have the yellow socket next to the pink one

I just took a look at m motherboard closer up and its a different model to the one everest home said. Its actually a ga-8simlnf rev 2.0 as opposed to ga-8siml so I will research this one now.

I know im new here but what I read on the forum rules was not to double or triple post. O well I wont give you any bad rep.

Thanks very much for the help. I'm keeping a copy of the bios incase I decide to flash another time. To be honest it seems quite risky, so I have decided to spend a little extra money and time and get a new mb, case and processor. I will then pass my pc onto somebody else in my family. Also sorry about double/triple posting but I didn't realise that you weren't allowed and that you could edit your posts after sending them.

Back
Top Bottom