Forgot my windows logon password

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshay313

In Runtime
For some reason i decided to set a new password (no idea why) and i went to Florida for a week. now i have absolutly no idea what it is and i need to get on my computer. does anyone know how log on with out a password? Im running windows xp Service pack 2.

thanks

First off try logging into the administrator account (Hit ctrl+alt+delete 3 times at logon screen to get logon prompt)

Second off theirs software like ophcrack which can crack a password. Or you can use "emergency boot cd" (google it) to reset the password.

or you could boot into safemode and log-on to the administrator account and change the passwords from the control panel user accounts section

i tried booting into safe mode and it still requires a password for the administrator account.

how do i use the ophcrack program and will it take my password when its done or any of my other information??

theres loads of programs to reset it. google around.
not sure how legal it is so i wont post any links

i tried booting into safe mode and it still requires a password for the administrator account.

how do i use the ophcrack program and will it take my password when its done or any of my other information??

Download, burn ISO to CD, Boot from CD, hit enter. You have your password 10 minutes from now.

theres loads of programs to reset it. google around.
not sure how legal it is so i wont post any links

[B]http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpassword[/B] is one program I found, however I would recommend making a backup first, if at all possible.

:rolleyes:

yeah theres loads of programs if you google it and there are also loads of tutorials with step by step instructions.

if there is 1 thing you have to know about computers then it is that google is your friend

exactly. if you want to hack id get onto google. ill say no more :)
ask too much here and .... you know the rest :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom