Foppy internal drive/would it run externaly ?

Budha

Beta member
Ive just put together a SFF computer ,i have fitted 2 SATA drives,one off which is in the floppy bay ,so i have got no floppy drive ,but have just remebered i need one to load the SATA/RAID drivers.

My question is will an internal floppy drive run outside the case :confused: ,provided it is conected to the floppy ribbon cable and the internal power supply,
It would only be temporay ,just to load the drivers.
Perhaps it is a daft question to ask ,but i dont want to try it in case i did some damage to the computer.what do you think :confused:

Thanks

yes it'll work, keep it dead flat though. Put a cup of tea on it, thats waht i do lol. Emm but i heard people using usb floppy drives for their SFF and it works while installing windows. Anyway i hope to be getting a shuttle soon.. i'll have to test it out huh

Budha said:
Ive just put together a SFF computer ,i have fitted 2 SATA drives,one off which is in the floppy bay ,so i have got no floppy drive ,but have just remebered i need one to load the SATA/RAID drivers.

My question is will an internal floppy drive run outside the case :confused: ,provided it is conected to the floppy ribbon cable and the internal power supply,
It would only be temporay ,just to load the drivers.
Perhaps it is a daft question to ask ,but i dont want to try it in case i did some damage to the computer.what do you think :confused:

Thanks
You had a choice and said no to floppy,right ?
Do you think you need one ? There are no externals.
But you should not need this to "load drivers" what drivers ?
Who told you you had to ?
Is this a Dos/Windows 3 / 386 computer ?
email me:
Or go with camers.. dumb ideas.
:rolleyes:

ah yes. But ideas that work. and you dont have to talk to an old grumpy fart!

camers said:
ah yes. But ideas that work. and you dont have to talk to an old grumpy fart!
So where to you get cable extensions that will reach a drive that is further away than the connecting and power supply connections.
Perfectly flat is nice for monitors though.
Your reply sucks and has no foundation.Go suck a lemon and squirt your tea being carrfull not to wet the floppy drive.
:rolleyes:
Best advice,Get a new case with 2 floppy slots.like mine.
:p

Lol, he bought a shuttle. I dont think he'll get another one and most cables will come out from a shuttle onto a outside surface. Shut your mouth, cuz your falsers fel out and your talking shit.

Back
Top Bottom