floppy uses

Logan1

In Runtime
i was planning on having 2 dvd drives and a floppy drive but most mobos now only support 2 PATA drives so i'm thinking of getting rid of the floppy. is there any reason to have one?

I don't have one and I don't personally see any reason to have one. maybe if you need to use it for boot rescues or something but then again CD's should work just fine for that if you burn an ISO image.

if you need to boot some program it's easiest to do it from the floppy.
But the floppy drive (at least all of them) won't plug into the same slot as the other optical drives/ata hdds. Don't know where you got that most new mobos don't support more than 2 pata devices, but at least I have never had problems having a dvd drive & hdd on the ata slot and the the floppy on it's own slot.

My mobo can boot from usb flash drive, idk if all are like that, but I see no reason to have one

The floppy connector and IDE connectors are different sizes. Floppy connector is 34 pin, IDE is 40 pin

My Bad Axe 2 mobo came with 2 floppies for RAID, so I guess that's a use.

Logan said:
i was planning on having 2 dvd drives and a floppy drive but most mobos now only support 2 PATA drives so i'm thinking of getting rid of the floppy. is there any reason to have one?

Flashing bios, installing SATA drivers and thats about all.

i thought they used the same connection. what connections do you look for to see if your mobo supports floppy drives?

EDIT: i was looking at the specs of my mobo and i'm an idiot. kept asking myself what a "FDD connector" was....ignore me i'm not thinking clearly

Back
Top Bottom