Floppy Drive Installation Question

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
When installing a floppy what type of screws do you want to use?

My case came with some baggies called "DVD Screws", "HDD Screws", and "Mobo Screws"

I tried the HDD screws and I couldn't get the drive tight. It felt wobbly but it wasn't going to fall out or anything. I then tried to lock the cage into place but I couldn't get it to come all the way forward so the outside of the drive could be flush with the case.

Thanks!

if all else fails, you can borrow two of the screws from the housing that holds the hhd in place. two screws on each side will hold the floppy in tight enough.since the hhd casing uses 4-screws.

I bought my floppy OEM if that makes a difference.

If they came with the case, I didn't lose them. All I got was HDD, Mobo, and DVD screws.

Hmm... The "DVD" screws may be the ones you want. There should be multiple mounting holes in the cage to mount the floppy forwards or backwards as need. Just move the floppy forward in the cage more. :D

Atomic Rooster said:
Hmm... The "DVD" screws may be the ones you want. There should be multiple mounting holes in the cage to mount the floppy forwards or backwards as need. Just move the floppy forward in the cage more. :D

DVD screws worked, thank you. Floppy drive is no longer wobbly or unsure.

But I can't seem to get it flush with the case still. It's either to far in (about an inch) or it's poking out just a little bit (looks like one centimeter).

I have it installed right now with it poking out the one centimeter or so but I may just take it out until I can see what's going on because I can't close my computer "door"(for the drives and stuff) with it poking out.

Back
Top Bottom