FLight Sim X

I haven't bought it but I have the demo and can crank out maybe 20 fps with everything at highest custom settings. And my computer was not cheap.

try a new version of your video drivers. i've seen a few cases where this has improved performance of Flight sim X

D-Lew said:
I haven't bought it but I have the demo and can crank out maybe 20 fps with everything at highest custom settings. And my computer was not cheap.

20fps are you serious?! I didn't think that game was nearly that demanding. You must be getting a higher framerate with your setup I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I think mine got ~16 at highest everything...maybe because it's the demo? All the demo's I've played have given me less than thrilling results. NFSMW claimed to be giving me 75 (with vertical sync on, fairly low settings w/AA), but after seeing the 360 version on my TV, all I've got to say is dang. I'm not talking how nice everything looked...I'm talking smoothness of frame rates. The TV only refreshes at 50FPS, and it looked so much smoother. I'm still trying to figure that out. Maybe they put a cap of FPS on the demo? :confused:

I've heard that older cards, such as the GeForce FX series, handle this game (MSFSX) better, but I'm not sure if this is true. In some instances, it makes sense; in others, it doesn't. :confused:

No. That was with every slider turned to 100%. Including autogen scenery, traffic, everything. And that 20 fps was when I was looking at the sky, not the ground. Then it was 17, but keep in mind I was in 3D cockpit. If it was 2D it may have been slightly higher. I can run it med-high settings 1280x1024, 32 bit at a great framerate.

Here is what it looks like on 100% max. For some reason it runs faster when it renders the whole aircraft than when it's in virtual cockpit. But as you can see, my framerate pretty much sucks, especially for my machine. Maybe I need to step-up to a 7900GTO, core clock is way higher.
flightsim2tp5.jpg

yeah it runs really well with old cards. i get like 30 fps on 1024x768 on almost everything high and ground mesh to full, and i (did) have (R.I.P) a radeon 9250

Back
Top Bottom