Flash Drive

patriot is good. I like buffalow and Apacer as well (altho i don't see them listed on new egg, otherwise i'd like you to some.)

In addition to those above, i do like sandisk as well. If you want a drive with U3 (the built in registary so you can install programs onto your flash) take a look at this one. its quite a good price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171121

You don't have to have the registry to install programs on a flash drive. I took U3 off of mine and run Firefox at school all the time.

cabbspapp said:
You don't have to have the registry to install programs on a flash drive.

not fully true. some programs need a registery to run at their full potential. NOD32 comes to mind. i have it "installed" on my flash, and it cannot update, or detect stealth programs.

celegorm said:
not fully true. some programs need a registery to run at their full potential. NOD32 comes to mind. i have it "installed" on my flash, and it cannot update, or detect stealth programs.

Seems BS as U3 does virtually nothing besides emulate a 4 meg CD ROM

hey, i said some programs. for most, i would agree, it is useless. but when your like me, and want a protable virus scan (i use it for work) it is a god send as it doesn't work on my normal flash.

Le GoogelGuRu said:
I've had two Dane-Elec drives that have caused me no problems whatsoever.
i have a kingston an ocz a buffalothe a sumvision and an easy disk , suimvision broke aages ago but it is only the case

Back
Top Bottom