Fist Build+OS problems

alblil

Baseband Member
I finally got windows XP pro. i have an ASUS A8V-E mobo. and 2 samsung 160 hard drives that i want to do RAID 0 with.

now, i put in my Windows CD and i forget to hit F6 to install the RAID drives, and then my computer restarts after windows tells me im missing somthing. and now i get "CMOS checksum error".
(more info: if i dont have a floppy disk in i get "NTLDR is Missing")

what i want to do is to format my drives somehow and make that error go away. and basicly start over with the whole windows setup. any help would be appreciated.

when i put in the disc nothing happens....i have a screen with all the loaded drives and ports and the a flashing underscore on the bottom left corner

Well the setup windows should automatically startup if the BIOS is configured to boot from disc first and hard drive last ... i'm not sure, i had this problem with me Knoppix LiveCD but it shouldn't happen using the windows installation disc ...

Yeah, you need to go into BIOS, go to Advanced Configurations, and change the CD-ROM Drive to boot first, and then the hard drive. Also make sure that your CD Drives are set to Master/Slave correctly. After that, when you put in the Windows Setup CD, it should tell you to press any key to boot from the CD.

Back
Top Bottom