firewalls...

Half Evil

Golden Master
ok heres the thing i have been using McAfee for 90 days cause of my new comp. But its all outta days so i need another fire wall. I currently have the folowing on my computer:
AVG free edition
Spy-Bot search and destroy
Ad-aware Se personal
HiJack this
SSAcleaner
Foxie Firewall
Swift Sweeper
and
SecretMaker (currently on: spam figher, worm hunter, movie blocker, banner blocker, pop up blocker, cookies eraser, provacy protector, security watch dog, windows cleaner, office cleaner and browser cleaner. but for some reason this sometimes encounters an error and then has to close.)

but because of my loss of McAfee i dont have near as good as the protecton. so could someone tell me a good free firewall and/or virus scans. becuse i have the spam crap stuff but i need an actual virus scanner and AVG free edition for some reason says their there but wont delete them

ZoneAlarm is a great free firewall. It's probably one of the best, and personally i think it works better then Norton. It does it's job, and it does it well. It also is highly configurable, and you have total controll to what acesses your computer. Plus a ncie interface is always a plus.

ok sounds good thanks. but are there any others just incase that one doent work out?

Try pc cillin. It's expensive. but it has the best protection out there today. Zonealarm isn't rubish, actually, I know for a fact. There's good protection in that software. Other than that, I think it's keiro firewall is ok, but zonealarm is pretty good for being free.

I recommend Norton Internet Security or standalone Norton Firewall. It has bundled Intrusion Detection, Ad Blocker, etc.

I still think that Norton is absolute rubbish lol
I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me at all ...

firewall: Zonealarm
Anti-virus: AntiVir personal. I think it's the best there is, and it's free. I use both this and AVG free.

Back
Top Bottom