Firefox vs. Opera

G9

Daemon Poster
I am currently considering between the two. Plugins, themes, and extensions aside, which browser is better?

Well, to me it seems a bit faster and more, uh, smoother I could say. And it starts up faster than Firefox on my computer.

I prefer Firefox. I used Opera for a few days, and it just plainly sucks! The webpages load slow, some sites dont work too well, and the interface itself is more userfriendly on Firefox.

Firefox here. I only use it becuase when I installed XP it didnt install Internet explore.. Can someone Upload there IE folder in C:\Program files\Internet Explorer. Copy the Internet Explorer. And PM it to me if you have Windows XP Sp2

Something I don't like about this Opera, is despite its sleeker look/performance, there is no easily accessible home button, the tabs from your last browsing session remain, and banner ads can't be blocked (is there an extension for this). I'd also like to know how to make it the default browser (if the above problems can be resolved).

Banner ads can be blocked without an extension. I use Opera because it saves the websites you had open when you close the browser. I also like the trash can feature. If you close a tab but need it again, you can just click on the trash can and it will show you a list of the tabs you closed. The built in feeds and mail clients are also quite good. The full screen mode is quite neat because it only shows the webpage. No toolbars or anything other than the scroll bar. It does freeze more often than Firefox on my Vista computer though.

Back
Top Bottom