Firefox Queries?

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I downloaded Mozzilla Firefox 1.0.5 and i have noticed that it loads the webpages slower the IE. Iam wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanx

they may look slower because it shows the site as it loads IE tends to stay white until the webpage is loaded thats what i think. FireFox takes a bit longer (not much) to load images but is faster over all when loading!

Over all FireFox is safer and faster then IE and before i forget you may have had them pages cashed in IE don't forget FireFox will download them again!

Hope you are enjoying FireFox

Thnax for the response and i think your right as when Forefox loads you can actually see it load

something like that glad you found an excellent web browser as you may know i use FireFox and think its excellent.

[Read Sig]

there is also a trick to making it go way faster something with the about:config but I forgot it. Mabye do a search or someone will post it.

The entire Mozilla suite is slower than IE - they have different rendering engines.

I've got the pipelining switched on and every speed tweak using about:config, but IE still streaks ahead I'm sorry to say.

The only reason I use FF is tabbed browsing. There is absolutely no other reason, it isn't even any more secure in my experience.

malbuc87uk said:
The entire Mozilla suite is slower than IE - they have different rendering engines.

yes they do have different rendering engines but i disagree FireFox is slower then IE. I have tried and tested at college and here FireFox is more stable and is faster.

Tabbed browsing is excellent but not a new idea!

Back
Top Bottom