Firefox Issues

malakian88

Baseband Member
I've been using Firefox for... forever... and for the most part, its been problem free. Except recently. Since I updated Firefox to 1.0.4 and so on (I kept having this problem even to the most recent version out, which I have now) most flash items wont display or just sound plays. Also, sometimes when there is a windows media player thing (lol i forget what its called) embedded into the site, it wont work... other times it does. Many of my friends have the same version as I do and don't have those problems at all. Usually when I have this issue, I just switch over to IE just to view the site... but its becoming horribly obnoxious.

I've tried to fix the flash problem by installing updated versions of macromedia flash player and shockewave player but I keep having the same issue.

Anyone know a solution to either of these?

"Also, sometimes when there is a windows media player thing (lol i forget what its called) embedded into the site, it wont work... other times it does."

I have a similar problem, it works. But it just wont go to full screen if i click on it. But it does with IE.

for the windows media if u just flash something infront of it such as maximizing something on top of it then minimizing it the picture shows up. Not sure if thats ur problem or not.

Yeah, And the flash problem, Try installing the latest version of flash player. Then for the windows media thing, Try downloading all the plugins (There are different ones for the different extentions, Its probably a certain extention with the wm applet)

Edit: Your probably smart enough to know, But by extentions I mean .wmv, .avi, .mpg, etc (some people dont know so I figured id edit it in)

yep, i hav the problem, wen ur playing a video don't put any other window infront of the video, blacks out the video.

DirtBikeRidr said:
yep, i hav the problem, wen ur playing a video don't put any other window infront of the video, blacks out the video.

Yeah, that's really annoying. FF just seems to black out Windows media at random, for some reason.

It's for reasons such as these that I still keep the dreaded blue "e" handy... :D

You know why? Firefox is doing like we should! Boycott Microsoft! We dont need Windows Media Applets! </rally the troops tone of voice>

I should have been slightly more descriptive... its not just that the video doesn't play or show up... its that the entire embedded video player doesn't even show up.

Back
Top Bottom