Finished PC build

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I just recently finished the build on my new PC and the MSI geforce 6600GT card only came with only standard VGA drivers. What a piece of crap!! I wanted that overclocking feature that's suppose to go with the card, but I never got it. Now I have to download the new drivers from Nvidia and hopefully it will come with it. THe new drivers suppose to support the 6600GT or any of the 6000 series card anyways. RIght now, the LCD frame rate is so low---makes playing games impossible at the moment. I have tons of games from the video and sound card purchase bundled together including (Halo, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, 8, URU: Ages Beyond Myst, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six 3, Jedi Knight, and a CD that consists of 14 games on one CD). Sheesh, that's a lot of games.

I still have many drivers to update, and software to install. I'm just glad the computer's running with minimal hassle. I couldn't get the SATA going the first few times (thought I had to return it), but finally got Windows copied over and boots up now with no problems. Incredibly fast system, but then again I don't have anything on there yet. Once the graphics is fixed, I'll install Halo, Prince of Persia, and Uru. I've been wanting to play those for awhile.

My CPU readout in BIOS is 34-36 degress C, but EasyTune says it's 30-32 degrees. Hmmm, which one to believe. Perhaps BIOS is more accurate? THat's still good temp for a 3500+ Athlon 64 CPU. Don't want to mess with overclocking yet. It also keeps giving me a warning about my system fan turning too slow (2600 RPM). DOnt know what that's all about, but everything's fine and cool.

Haven't tested the sound card yet or install Audigy 2 ZS gamer sound drivers. Just the motherboard sound for now. Don't know if I'm running dual channel or not, but I'll take it look at it later. I put them in the right slots and boots up fine.

Now, the systems been put away in the corner with everything unplugged. I don't have a modem for that PC and can't go onto the Internet. Plus, I have tons to backup off this old computer I'm using now. Those new hardware I bought comes with tons of useless software which I will probably never use. Once everything's been updated and get cable internet hooked up, I'll start using it full time. For now, this system is still ticking.

Back
Top Bottom