Finding Drivers for Newly Installed Windows XP

Relmiw

Baseband Member
i just installed win xp off a 3 year old installation cd and i am missing some drivers, namely one that that lets me play sound

i have been searching the internet but i can't find out how to fix them.
i have downloaded "Everest" but have not been able to figure out how to make that work

i have tried different driver software scanners and seen websites but they all charge money for any real help

what do i do?

What motherboard do you have?

Other than sound, what others do you need?

everest tells me that my motherboard name is "intel pendleton 2 D845EPT2 (3PCI, 1AGP, 2DIMM, Audio)"
my motherboard chipset is "intel brookdale i845E

i'm not sure what others i need. so far i havn't noticed anything not working besides that and the internet won't work in my usb port.

If you need to know what motherboard you have, as A.R. mentioned, you can use this freeware program called CPU-Z It will tell you most things about your system without having to install anything.

EDIT: I guess we posted at the same time :) You can start by checking the intel site for drivers since it's an intel mobo.

Nah, just grab only what you need.

If you have a system built by Gateway, Compaq, Dell, etc., you can go to their site, plug in your model number and get the drivers from there too.

i tried the drivers found at your link atomic rooster and none of them worked.
i got a couple from the dell website for my dell dimension 4500 but i havn't found that works there either

when i try to go to the volume control i get a message saying

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware. this program will now close."

i reformatted my computer about two years ago and i remember having the same problem.
i may be wrong but i seem to remember having to rename a folder somewhere

Im curious as well...when I go to the manufacture websites it just says something about my warranty bein expired or something...

Back
Top Bottom