Finally completed my build

Insan3aznboii

Baseband Member
so yes i just finally completed my build! im so excited :D im on it right now as we speak..
this is my specs..
C2Q Q6600 cpu
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L mbo
EVGA superclocked edition 9600GT gpu
OCZ 600watt psu
what do you guys think?

this is my first build and im so happy everything worked and running!
dont you guys get that feeling of accomplishment sometimes? lol dont mind me..

but anyways... is there anything i should be looking into or watch out for? maybe temperatures? what is a normal temperature for my quad? and what temperature should i stay away from? i am fairly new to computers and im starting to see alot of overclocking threads.. i might just get into that in the near future.. seems fun.. im learning day by day by searching around these forums.. what a great place to learn!

stay away from the 50's-60's in temp and dont overclock it till you know what your doing and dont overclock it to high either

Congratulations on the build!

As far as monitoring goes, download "Core Temp" and monitor your core temperatures...people usually get anywhere from 30*-40* for idle (it varies depending on heatsink, room temperature, etc.).

You want to stay away from 60*+C temperatures. Your normal temperatures (without load or testing) should be around 30-40*C. Overclocking is a breeze and you can always get into that later. We're here for you. ;)

Cheers,

Chris

so yes i just finally completed my build! im so excited :D im on it right now as we speak..
this is my specs..
C2Q Q6600 cpu
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L mbo
EVGA superclocked edition 9600GT gpu
OCZ 600watt psu
what do you guys think?

this is my first build and im so happy everything worked and running!
dont you guys get that feeling of accomplishment sometimes? lol dont mind me..
Nice specs :)
I believe that the sound of your first build posting has to be in the "Top 10 of all time", I still remember that thrill like it was yesterday, the feeling of accomplishment is awesome.

but anyways... is there anything i should be looking into or watch out for? maybe temperatures? what is a normal temperature for my quad? and what temperature should i stay away from? i am fairly new to computers and im starting to see alot of overclocking threads.. i might just get into that in the near future.. seems fun.. im learning day by day by searching around these forums.. what a great place to learn!
I take it from your specs that you have the stock cooler? First thing I would do is download Coretemp for accurate temperature readings.

You state you're new to computers so I guess you haven't configured anything manually in the bios then?

EDIT: I gotta learn to type faster, Ghost got in while I replying ;)

thanks guys :D

well i did what you guys told me to and downloaded core temp...

this is my temps from it..

Tj. Max: 100c
core 0: 39c
core 1: 34c
core 2: 35c
core 3: 38c

so by what your guys saying i should be ok right?

Nice specs :)
I believe that the sound of your first build posting has to be in the "Top 10 of all time", I still remember that thrill like it was yesterday, the feeling of accomplishment is awesome.

I take it from your specs that you have the stock cooler? First thing I would do is download Coretemp for accurate temperature readings.

You state you're new to computers so I guess you haven't configured anything manually in the bios then?

EDIT: I gotta learn to type faster, Ghost got in while I replying ;)

nope i didnt mess with anything at the moment.. im such a noob at everything haha

Temperatures look good for stock cooling. You should be able to overclock in the future whenever you want to, but anything over 3Ghz will probably require an aftermarket heatsink/fan. I'm currently in the process of purchasing a new heatsink.

But yeah, you're fine. :)

so by what your guys saying i should be ok right?
Yep, as Ghost says, those temps are fine for stock cooling at idle, what are your load temps??

You can probably lower them a little by reducing the vcore in the bios but that can come later if you're interested.

EDIT: Also what is your cpus VID? (It's in Core Temp, just above Tj. Max)

You'll want to download Prime95 for stability testing and making sure your load temps will be safe. Make sure it's the latest version otherwise your quad won't be stressed to the max.

Back
Top Bottom