fin broke off

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
does anyone know how to fix a fin from a fan? the fin got chipped off someone and i was wondering if there was any special glue to fix or or something. the temperatures are staying normal right now, its staying at 55 C on my P4 3.0 ghz prescott. the only problem is that the HSF is rattling my whole motherboard(ASUS P4P800-E deluxe) and case. will the rattling cause any kind of damage to the motherboard and im getting a upgrade sometime during winter break, do you guys think the computer will have no problems what so ever until winter or when i get the upgrade?

Yea, getting a new fan would be you're best bet. Even if you get it glued back on, it will be out of balance and still vibrate like mad.

I hope it would, unless you break the new fan.

Get it as soon as you can. The fan probably wont last nearly as long as it should without balance, and you don't want other things vibrating loose.

do you guys think itll last until teusday niight? thats when the fan comes. its been having some other wierd noises too and the rattling got alittle stronger.

I'd turn the computer off unless you really need to use it. The last thing you need is the heat sink rattling it's way to the bottom of the case.

Back
Top Bottom