"file"-cannot open

dude_se

Proper Legend
i just got hold of a game for my pc "pro evo 5". i did not get it from a shop or anything if you know what i mean ;) . anyway it came in a zip file. i unzipped and there was one file called "pro evolution soccer 5 pc". it has no file extension and says its just a "file" theres no icon for it either. is there anyway to open and use this file or is it a f****d up one?

might be an image file.
Try daemon tools. If u don't know how to use it then check the guide on using virtual drives.

how big is it. make a copy of it, and add .exe to the end, then try opening it. if that doesn't work, try other extensions.

ive tried that... well ive tried unzipping it and adding .exe. to the unzipped file it creates. it opens the command prompt and a message comes up but goes straight away. none others seem to work. ill try deamon tools even though i dont think it is an image file as it would be .img (i think). any other ideas?

should i try burning to a cd? i dont really want to waste a cd though but i will if theres a good chance of it working

if it goes away straight away, and you want to know what it says, run cmd then type in the file path

dude1234 said:
ill try deamon tools even though i dont think it is an image file as it would be .img (i think). any other ideas?

if it's an image it can be .iso, .cue, .mds, .btw and many others.

Back
Top Bottom