Few Questions about Windows 7.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I am thinking about trying out Win7 on my PC, but I have a few questions and need some help before I do.

Is it better then Vista 64 bit? If so, how?

Is there a place where I can legally download Win7 64 bit online? If not, Torrent is my friend I guess, what is the latest build Version I should be looking for?

I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit as my Primary OS, I have it for more than a year now and Love it. I have XP as a duel boot that I never use, about 66GB of free space on that partition. Theoretically speaking I can just delete the XP partition and install Win7 as my duel boot correct? If so, what is the easiest way to do it? Copy Win7 on a portable HDD? Or DVD?

Thanks.

I believe Microsoft.com offers a downloadable version of Win7, and you can buy a Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Upgrade for your Vista 64b ultra for cheaper than buying the OS itself.

I am thinking about trying out Win7 on my PC, but I have a few questions and need some help before I do.

Is it better then Vista 64 bit? If so, how?

Is there a place where I can legally download Win7 64 bit online? If not, Torrent is my friend I guess, what is the latest build Version I should be looking for?

I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit as my Primary OS, I have it for more than a year now and Love it. I have XP as a duel boot that I never use, about 66GB of free space on that partition. Theoretically speaking I can just delete the XP partition and install Win7 as my duel boot correct? If so, what is the easiest way to do it? Copy Win7 on a portable HDD? Or DVD?

Thanks.

It's a lot better in my opinion. Starts and shuts down a lot faster. Also, you can grab the RC on MS's site.

And yes, you should be able to install win 7 right over your xp install. It will make win7 as your main OS, but it's easy to change in the control panel.

Thanks for the posts guys. Looking at Microsoft Website this is what I found:

"Sorry, the Windows 7 RC is no longer available for download. If you've got the download and need a product key, they'll be available until October 21, 2009."

I dont know what is the latest version of the Win7 RC I should be looking for, but if somene can send me a PM with link for a Win7 RC 64 bit I would really appreeciate it.

Thanks

7600 is the RTM Built that has been released to manufacturers.

Thanks a lot. Downloading it now. I'm very skeptical about making this my Primary OS, so I will use this as my 2nd OS just to mess around with it. As soon as the SP1 comes out then I will make a full switch :)

By the way can I transfer data from one OS to the other? Like in my Vista I have a D drive where I have XP installed and I see some folders there. Once I install Win7 I assume i will see Win7 files there, so my question is can I just transfer files by being logged in to Vista and moves files to Win7? If yes, what Directory should I transfer the files to? EX: If I want it on my Win7 Desktop.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom