Fans momentarily spin, but no power.

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I don't know what is wrong. I've checked everything. All my hardware was working just a short while ago. I transferred everything over to the new case and it began happening. Any ideas? All the cable are properly in and the connections are secure. I used standoff to mount the motherboard with screws and washers that came with the case. The RAM is seated properly.

do you have a different power supply you could try? that would eliminate the power supply being the problem

The power supply was working an hour ago before I switched over. I can see the motherboard lights, but there is no constant supply of power.

The power supply was working an hour ago before I switched over. I can see the motherboard lights, but there is no constant supply of power.

That has happened to me before. Exactly what you are describing. Actually, I've had it happen to me twice (both PSUs were Bestec).

happening to me now i don't know how to fix it. Ever since i changed my pc over to a new case. Did static get to the board and fry it?

what is the new case anyway

It's a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000. A lot bigger than my previous Antec 900. I'm going to have to do a bit of modding to help with the cable management. I'm thinking about taking it all apart and painting it a pearlescent black. I was just want to get it working first, haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138

So, here is an update. I tried the barebones trick. Everything started working fine until I plugged in my 4 pin cable into my PSU. I have a modular power supply. Everything works until that goes in.

It's a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000. A lot bigger than my previous Antec 900. I'm going to have to do a bit of modding to help with the cable management. I'm thinking about taking it all apart and painting it a pearlescent black. I was just want to get it working first, haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138

So, here is an update. I tried the barebones trick. Everything started working fine until I plugged in my 4 pin cable into my PSU. I have a modular power supply. Everything works until that goes in.

Do you have a spare? If not, you could do with getting hold of one to test it. It could well be the piece that is causing the problem (a colleague of mine had a similar problem with the same type of cable in his modular PSU).

Do you have a spare? If not, you could do with getting hold of one to test it. It could well be the piece that is causing the problem (a colleague of mine had a similar problem with the same type of cable in his modular PSU).

It works fine with another power supply. Is it a short circuit problem?

Another update. The computer doesn't boot with the hard drives plugged in. What does this mean?

It works fine with another power supply. Is it a short circuit problem?

Quite possibly, that would cause the computer to not power up. There are three possible problem pieces - the cable itself, the connection on the PSU or the connection on the motherboard. Seeing as using another power supply resolves the problem, that leaves only the cable and the connector on the PSU. Having another cable to test with would help eliminate one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom