Fan switch

MarxSoccer

BSOD
The old 120 hardly seemed like it was doing anything. All the pics are in this folder. I'm sure you can tell what I did when you see the pics, for example the red dots.. I was holding the cardboard outside the case and poked trough the outermost holes to get a perimeter..

New LED fan seems like push out ALOT more air, temps are doing a few degrees cooler, and we just turned off the AC today too.

http://www.marx.exofire.net/img/fan/

Comment, question, whatever..

Interesting use of a spare fan and materials. I would have just bought a stronger 120mm fan. Some of them things really move alot of air. I don't think you needed to add the cardboard shroud though. Nice job. :D

This is the solution for now until I get the money for a nice 120mm ;)

And the cardboard is needed, or else I would have an airflow short circuit

shortcircuitek5.jpg

the fan i'm putting in my case is a thermaltake 120mm, pushing 78cfm, at 21db which is pretty amazing

BigLu said:
the fan i'm putting in my case is a thermaltake 120mm, pushing 78cfm, at 21db which is pretty amazing

Link to that!?

I was going to get a panaflow that pushed out over 120, but the db rating was in the 50's I believe.. :(

MarxSoccer said:
Link to that!?

I was going to get a panaflow that pushed out over 120, but the db rating was in the 50's I believe.. :(

I got a panasonic panaflo that pushes around that much as well.

And if your fans are goign slow, just throw a drop of oil in them to lubercate the bearing, easy as hell :)

Back
Top Bottom