fan size

Half Evil

Golden Master
i am thinking of getting a custom computer case, that has 2 fan slots that are 120 mm, now, is that too big of a fan, for do i only need one 120 mm fan.....please explain

There are 80mm and 120mm, 120 makes more sound but increases the air flow by more. I just have 2 80mm fans and i'm fine.

actually, i just looked, and i noticed taht it has room for one 90 mm fan, or to 120 mm fans......what about one 90 mm fan, is that good, or not enough

What are your system specs? Mine is on a pentium 4 3.0 ghz at like 65 c with only 2 80mm fans and is the most stable thing ever. So I'm pretty sure you would only need 2, 80mm or 120mm or whatever. Just tell me the specs of your comp.

ive got an assload of fans and my comps not that loud, you just have to get good ones. and I can honestly tell you that every time I added one of those fans my mainboard and cpu temps went down. fans aren't very expensive so I'd say fill up whatever space ya got.

actually, i dont have the computer yet...but what i wanna get is
-amd 64 3000+
-ati 128 readon graphics
-asus asrock mother bored(i think i spelled it wrong)
um.....do you need to know anythin else, or is this good, cause i dont wanna name everythink, lolz

Yeah you won't need many fans so long as the heatsink for your CPU is fine and the cables in your case aren't scattered and cluttered. Be sure to organize the wires as best you can so that the airflow can get throughout the case without a bunch of wires getting in the way.

BanChan said:
There are 80mm and 120mm, 120 makes more sound but increases the air flow by more. I just have 2 80mm fans and i'm fine.

Actually, 120mm is designed to run slower (which makes less noise), but push more air out due to the larger blades.

Back
Top Bottom