Fan Connector Question

blizzard6

Beta member
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a problem I am having. I have a dell dimension xps from about six years ago that was top notch when I bought it. Everything on the computer works very well for what I need 3.0ghz processor, 2gb ram, etc, etc point being that its worth keeping and not time for a major upgrade. One of my three stock fans failed last week and I would like to replace the other ones as well. I replaced one fan by plugging it directly into the power source through the large 4 pin connector. However, there are no more of those power source connectors on my computer so the other two need to be plugged into the spots where the old ones were plugged into...which is on the motherboard with two 3-pin connectors. The problem is that with these fans http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999111 and a few others I have around the house none of them fit in the small plastic casing around the three pin connector on the motherboard...and so I am at a loss as to what to do next since I can not buy any directly from the manufacturer. Thanks in advance for your time and help I really appreaciate it.

Thanks for the quick response. But, since I dont have anymore of those 4-pin molex hookups left on my computer, will that do many anygood? Unless those things can stack on top of another another and I am not aware of that?

well so they do....well that changes alot of my computer tweeking world

Back
Top Bottom