Fan connectivity problem!

Rahiyja

Baseband Member
Hi.
I am putting together a new computer, and just finished most of the connections, except for one.
The fan that came along with the case.
I got an Antec Sonata II and the fan is a 120 mm rear fan.
My motherboard is an ABIT KN8-Ultra.

My problem is that the power cable that came with the fan is a 4-pin female, and if you turned it around it is a 4-pin male on the other side. None of these two possible connections have got any place on the motherboard.
My power supply came with the chassi, and has got lots of unused cables, and I've discovered that I can connect some of them to the fan cable.
Is it so that I must connect my fan through the power supply to the motherboard, someway, or should I even connect the fan directly to the power supply without any involvement from the motherboard?
If so, does it matter which of the many 4-pin female pwr connectors I use to connect to the fan?

If I after all should connect to the motherboard, I have got two options, auxiliary fan 1 or system fan, which one is the right one?

If there is some other way I should solve this matter, that I haven't written here, please tell me. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Just connect directly to the PSU. That's not abnormal. Some fans have the 3-pin, some have the 4-pin molex.

Ok, is that something you think is necessary for the computer to operate, or does it just give better performance?
Because I am having another trouble, there is no picture and no beep when I start the computer the first time, could it have to do with connecting the fan wrong? (I have created another thread for this problem)

Back
Top Bottom