External to internal drive

Thats a pretty good video.

And to anyone that has one of those external drive thingies, :rolleyes: , that stop working?

Remove the hard drive and re use it. Cause it's usually the USB to SATA interface that stops working.

And you can get 3.5" to 2.5" adaptors so these laptop drives install into desktops.

well guys i need more help. My Western Digital Passport, the sata usb adapter doesnt come off. i unscrewed some screws by the usb plug and i saw the internals to the hard drive! i screwed it back together and it still works but i cant find the serial ata port even though it says its a serial ata hard drive

My external drive is a WD3200bmvu

I had a similar HDD, i had the smaller version of the passport. Then the USB connection failed on me, and then i opened it up, and just pulled off the USB connector, and i saw the SATA plugins like that video.
How much force did you try to pull the USB out?

the usb port on the external drive is actually connected to the bottom chip board of the hard drive. so it seems its all connected. i looked inside and i did not see any sata port, just a weird cloth thing and hard drive internals. do you think its safe to take that whole bottom chip board off and look?

i really need this hard drive to be internal

EDIT: i guess my external drive does have eSATA (even though i never heard of it) disregard my question

I think what they've done there is make the USB interface integral with the hard drive cricuitry.

Maybe because so many people have realised that they can re-use the hard drive inside these externals when the interface fails.

yeah your right. the external hard drive is not esata. why would my verison of My Passport Essential be integrated.

well i did get it from walmart And also when i google my product i.d i get no results

My product i.d: WD3200BMV

Back
Top Bottom