External HD swap...problems :-/

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
External HD swap...problems(semi-fixed)

OK, so I thought I'd take the 60G out of my case and stick my old 80G in it mostly because I liked the brand better. I swap them today taking the drive from my old computer which was just working a second ago. I stick it in the case and connect it to the computer. Everthing installs as it normally would and says the device is ready to be used. However, it's not in my computer. I try another port, same deal. I try Dad's copmuter(with windows 2K) and once again, same problem

I'm quite positive it's something with the drive. It's set to Master, and has a "drive sheild" that came on it to protect the bottom, so it's not scratched. I didn't drop it or anything either... Any ideas?

The case is quite new... USB 2.0, certainlly capable of this size of drive.

---update---
I spoke with one of my pals and he mentioned checking computer management(oops ^^; ) I checked and sure enough, it was there and heathy. Now why would it show it there but not in my computer. The drive was loaded with XP and was just pulled so what's up? I did plan to format it, but I wanted to be sure nothing was left on it that I needed...

Back
Top Bottom