Explorer.exe not loading properly

leitz_69

Baseband Member
When i start up the computer it loads up to my desktop but explorer is taking up to much CPU plus the icons never load. What could be the problem?

Be more specific. When did this start happenning? Did you do anything at the time? What are your computer specs?

The registry could be possibly corrupted (because it sounds familiar).

But i need more information.. what kind of computer do you have?

Open start-run-type MSCONFIG-look in the startup menu and uncheck anything that you don't want to run on startup.

Explorer is what shows all the icons, etc, so if something is happening, then this won't show. Weird though, as it seems like its over working and not completing the task of starting up, so could be an issue with a program or driver. Hopefully the advice above will help :)

Thoguh try doing this to see if it helps:

Control Alt Delete, and go to the Processes tab. Right click Explorer and select to End task. Then simply wait for it to end and go from the list.

Next go to File, New Task (RUN), and type:

Explorer

Then press Enter, and hopefully it'll load up with no problems. If it does, it answers the problem and shows the computer is being overworked at bootup and never completing the task to load it for some reason.

I have a Intel Pentium 2.4GHz Processor with 512MB of Ram. 280GB of HDD with 64MB Graphics Card.

Alright i tired your guys advice and still nothing. Should I reinstall Windows XP?

Oh sorry. Yes try re-installing Win XP. Something could be corrupted as far as Explorer is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom