explorer error

littlemike

Solid State Member
hi everyone,
i am not really good on computers and i keep on having the same error which is explorer at FLT.DLL. when i click on my computer, recycle bin and many other applications it cames up it with this error. how do i get rid of this error because sometimes when i got on the net it has explorer problems and may freeze the computer and black out. could this of been a hacker which hack into my computer and damaged my system? and does mircrosoft updates help to reduce this hacking problem because i updated my security on it. does it helps?
thx explorer....

goto control panel>add and remove programs and r and r Explorer. Be sure you have a version of explorer to reinstall. You may want to just goto microsoft or msn and open and install from the site, iow... don't download and save to your system. That may be the quickest.

BestWishes,

Kilo

and how come scan disk does not work anymore. when i go on to it, it checks the files and keep restarting. it nevers go to scan the whole disk. i chosen all the options to scan disk and it keep on restarting. how can i make it scan my disk so it may fix errors?

explorer

so i go to windows update website and search for this error and download it again? and then i paste it to where it is and it will be fixed?
can anything go wrong when i download it and replace it?

r u running win98 by chance? if you are you need the IE6 update

http://windows.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=windowsupdate&clcid=&pver=&ar=WindowsUpdate

tell it to install and run that should fix explorer

if not win98 download explorer for your OS from MS, then like kilo said remove explorer from programs thru control panel, add/remove prgms, then reinstall with the .exe you downloaded

sounds like another program is writing while you are trying to scan;
take tasks out of task scheduler, then close or exit all programs including any antivirus prg on your task bar and try scandisk again, disk cleanup and defrag, restart

Back
Top Bottom