eVGA 7800 GT + eVGA SLI Motherboard!!!

Conspirate

In Runtime
http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130238

I'm somewhat on a budget, yet I want to have a graphics card that is capable of running the newest and most demanding games in high quality. So far, I'm getting a Athlon X2 3800+ and 2 Gigs of XMS. Does this look like a good deal? I've heard both the card and the board are awesome; that eVGA pwnz, and is cheaper than buying an x800, overclocking it to x850, and then buying a motherboard to go along with. Also, I want to have room for expansion, not for it to go out of date in only a year, and i'll buy a second 7800 when it gets cheaper. Not to mention bragging rights.

On a side note, is SLI really worth investing in right now, or should I hold off a few months until the 7800 drops 100 or so.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

i would get a DFI ultra D motherboard and that graphics card then just mod the motherboard (very easy to do) and put a second card in later once theyre cheaper also i wouldnt get that cpu, ya its good but i think ude be fine with an amd 64 3500+ or the 3700+, only get that cpu if u plan on having 20 windows open at once while playing a game...otherwise one of those cpus would be fine

Get that deal! The 7800GT is an amazing card, plus, in a few months once the cards drop, it'll definetly be worth getting them in SLI. YOu'll notice a faily good difference. So yes, get that!

ya thats what i think although theyre still pretty expensive even though they dont make them anymore...

I got that card with the motherboard a few months ago and I love it. I could have got a 6800gt and a motherboard for the same price. But instead you can get a 7800gt and a motherboard. Sounds better to me.

Yeah, 6800's are similar in price to 7800 GT's... and I just realized that Red's X850 is still more money than a 7800 even though it lacks in performance LOLZ!!

So like, you guys think that my configuration is alright? I'm not like, a gamer-holic, but I want to be able to run the newest games flawlessly. And yeah, I'm a multi-tasker, so in the background, i'm going to be running iTunes, Soulseek, AIM Triton, Photoshop CS2, etc. The reason why I'm only investing in a X2 3800 and not a 4400 is since there is not a significant difference in performance, and that in another two or three years, new dual-cores will be out that are much cheaper and efficent. As long as a 3800 works good for about two years or so, i'll be satisfied... think it will? Any advice is welcome.

Haha, I hate AIM Triton. The old versions are so much better. Triton is so bloated it makes even me want to vomit! :D

Well, for the past year, I have been using Trillian. I'm pretty sure i'll get tired of Triton, but I was so fucking impressed with the GI, plus its evolved a lot further than the beta's leaded one to believe.

Back
Top Bottom