Error Codes

bebbles12

Baseband Member
Just installed my old hd into my newly bought desktop. When I installed my old hard drive, I am getting the following stop codes:

0x0000007B
0XF789E528
0XC0000034
0X00000000

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have an 120gb Seagate Sata drive.

What version of Windows?

7B is inaccessible boot device. This means one of two things:

• The hard drive is failing.
  • Windows does not have the correct driver for the SATA controller.

If the latter is the case, it can be resolved by installing the driver for the SATA controller.

What version of Windows?

7B is inaccessible boot device....

Ya know, I sincerely hope that both of you guys Googled 0x0000007B and that's how you knew what it meant.

I would truly hate to think that you guys have this kind of sh*t floatin' around in your brains. Good Lord, it would explain world hunger, wars, global warming, and a reason for life as we know it today.

Are you trying to use it as the boot drive?
STOP: 0x0000007B (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Hi When you say my newly bought desktop are saying you are trying to run the old windows on your computer, if so the computer is right to blue screen as the drivers for the chipset are wrong. and that is why you are getting a BSOD or Blue Screen with error code becuase it is the incorrect drivers.

you would need to extract the information off the hard disk that is your data you want to keep using a usb /ide/sata converter on to a working pc and then reinstall windows using your windows cd.

hope this helps

Kind Regards

well, now the original hd is not found at all! In BIOS the SATA drive is not found. Could he system be DOA? The mobo is bad?

not if the hard disk is working in the orginal pc, is the sata port in 0 or 1 make sure it is set to 0 otherwise it will not detect it in the bios also make sure the hard disk is spinning and has power.

Kind Regards

Hi When you say my newly bought desktop are saying you are trying to run the old windows on your computer, if so the computer is right to blue screen as the drivers for the chipset are wrong. and that is why you are getting a BSOD or Blue Screen with error code becuase it is the incorrect drivers.

you would need to extract the information off the hard disk that is your data you want to keep using a usb /ide/sata converter on to a working pc and then reinstall windows using your windows cd.

hope this helps

Kind Regards

So my old HD is good but you are saying I need to strip the hd?

hope this helps

Kind Regards

what's the best way to extract all info from the drive? I assume you are saying reformat the drive? (not good to assume!)

Back
Top Bottom