Error code 31

JoshuaCarter

Beta member
I have windows vista and the ultimate edition, worst of them all, jesus! I have some serious problems with my network adapter card in my laptop, and I have a toshiba satellite windows vista amd athlon turion x2 processor, an ati graphics card and 4gbs of ram, a pretty powerful computer... So I shouldn't be having any problems with my adapter, especially since this is a satellite pc, wrong! A few weeks ago, I was trying to use my wifi and it functioned correctly except I couldn't get on the internet, ( it would stay in the identifiying area forever) I went to device manager and I noticed that it was error code 31, so I tried updated my drivers and they were absolutely up to date, and this laptop is only 8 months old. I know they didn't put an incompatible network in this laptop, it was made in china but mistakes like this just don't happen. Especially since this is a wifi laptop and has special features for the wifi like extra detecting, using wifi in spots like the forest, and sweet ice cream features, except it doesn't get on the internet. I hope they didn't put a nice card in a system thats not compatible like windows vista ultimite, especially considering the fact that when I have internet the files either get corrupted or loss when I download stuff and this only happens on vista and I have full computer privilieges, if someone see something please help.

The error code 31 or 32 isn't limited to Vista alone but goes back to 2000 as well. The usual problem is seeing a device driver installed when it isn't required such as for a modem when you are connecting through the adapter being separate device by itself.

Another thing to look at is how you are set to connect in the IE connections. If you see any items for dial-up or vpn as for work place or public instead of hoem or private that will stop you right there. The network map and troubleshooter as well as looking under the network adapter item in the device manager are the first two places to look on that.

Back
Top Bottom