Epson C42UX inkjet printer; fonts etc

Brookfield

Golden Master
I have the above printer, it's a bog standard machine, does all the basic things very well, keep it simple is my policy.
My queries;
I set it for Ariel, on bold, 70 point font size, I wanted to advertise an item for sale, so I wanted it big & bold, I knew that on an A4 sheet I wouldnt have much room, my idea was to cram as many words on about three sheets, then cut them up, & stick the words on an A3 card, laborious, but I had to work with what I had, all went well, & it did take three sheets as I thought, brought up a preview, looked fine, cramped, but I knew it would be, clicked print, got it OK but in about a size 24 font.

The other thing, I believe it's possible to print horizontally, the width of the paper, not the length, is this right, if so, how is it done?

My monitor is a Relisys TFT, & the screen is rotatable, it can be swivelled throgh 45 degrees to present an upright aspect, I've never tried it, what's the object of this?

Hope somone can help.

Maurice

If you go to print, and then go to properties for your printer, there should be settings for landscape and portrait printing :)

As for the monitor, that could be used for many purposes, for example to better view a picture, or to view a whole word document upright if it was wide screen for example. Just to give the feeling of flexibility maybe :p

Maurice, Most printers have default settings and will not print beyond the capabilities of the size of the paper. In order to use that font size I think that you will have to set it to a different paper type/size also.
also if this helps: I have printed banners out by taping sheets together and running them in as a continous sheet have to set the properties on the paper type to do this .

Back
Top Bottom