Enhanced Intel SpeedStep & Asus AI NOS

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
iv got the Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0GHz & Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe, just wanna say well done 2 intel & asus, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep & Asus AI NOS really work well with each other. its a really gd idea 2 slow the cpu speed down wen the pc is idle, coz it lowers the temp quite alot, and wen N.O.S. is enabled to overclock by 10%, it only overclocks the cpu wen it needs to.
wen my cpu is idle the speed is 2.8GHz and the temp is about 29, wen the cpu is in use about 50% the speed goes up to about 3GHz, wen its at 100% it is overclocked to 3.3GHz, and the temp is goes 2 about 51, and it does it all with out me doin 1 thing, well i just have 2 enble it on the bios :p gd job Intel and Asus.

does anyone else use Enhanced Intel SpeedStep & Asus AI N.O.S. (Non-delay Overclocking System) if so wot do you think of it, and has AMD got anythin like it?

XFX GeForce PCX6600 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express).
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC5300 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit.
Sony DWQ30AB 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter.
Samsung SpinPoint P HD080HJ 80GB SATA-II 8MB Cache + Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 120GB 6L120M0 SATA 8MB Cache.
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1

I actually used that speedstep crap too. I played guild wars.. And it stayed underclocked. I mean like start up was normal, but from there it clocked down, and no matter the system idle ammount, it stayed clocked down.. sO i never use it anymore..

ah right, wen i first got me new pc sorted out, i looked it up, and 2 enable it prop u need 2 do somthin in the power options in control panel, i dont think its ment 2 be on always on or somthin

r_moore, is your name after roger moore?? james bond? just curious. i'm a big fan of roger moore myself...welcome to CF

Well, the factory defualt setting is off. And personal I say keep it that way. If you really wanna save power/temps when you go away. Make it go into standby, or hibernation..

joepic said:
r_moore, is your name after roger moore?? james bond? just curious. i'm a big fan of roger moore myself...welcome to CF

lol no, ryan moore lol
and
intel speedstep is ok, if ya workin on a document, or chattin on msn and listenin 2 music, or just watchin a vid or dvd.

Yeah, its okay for that. But depending on your core. Mine happens to be a Prescott, I dont need to worry about it. Because all I do is generate heat.. so its used to it, lmao.. Stupid core.. Oh well :D

yeh iv got a Prescott 2, coz its really my first pc that i have built im not used 2 all the diff temps its meant 2 be coz i had a dell b4 and that didnt show no temps at all :s

Dont worry about it. These cores are ment for heat.. So its all good.

EDIT>

And please change your sig to 5 lines or less... or else a mod is going to get you!

Back
Top Bottom