emulator?

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
what motherboard comes with a 754 pin that accepts amd athlon 64s supports ps1 and ps2 games? just wondering because i ahve a bunch and my systems broke. so i wanted to see if i could get an emulator for the games instead of getting a new system.

You can download those for free all over the Internet. I use MAME for Arcade game emulation, but there are tons of PS1 and PS2 emulators out there. I would do a search on Google like:

Playstation emulator

However, some work fine and some don't work. It's a trial by error thing.

do you know any that work for ps1 and ps2? that are free? and definatly work because i have no experience with them at all.

ps1 and 2 emulators generally dont work all that great.... i just stick to my snes and mame because those actually work and are not a pain in the ass to configure etc. but then again if you feel like trying go here:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/

and find a bios for them if you can.

otherwise, go here for emus with bioses:

http://isohunt.com/

lol i have no clue how to get these things to work so confusing lol. if someone could explain it woudl help tons.

Emulator is a program that runs mostly in RAM (Windows environment) when executed, and requires the use of ROMs which are games for the emulator software. ROMS are like the game CDs you buy from the store, but you get them free. They are reduplicated and written for the PS1 or PS2 emulators. The mame one is good, but can't find newer ROMs for it. Go to the link mr. monger gave out and there are some mame you can download.

Depending on the type of emulator used, they may require the storage of ROMs in the parent directory of the emulator files used or anywhere on the hard drive.

Emulators are like simulators if that makes sense. It simulates a SNES, PS1, PS2, XBox, etc, environment and the original codes for those games are copied over to the emulator to play. I have no clue how they do it or how it was written, but it's just fun being able to play game consoles without buying them.

yea you need a bios... those are hella hard to find but id recommend the iso hunt place. or google it. if that doesnt work read the manual.

Back
Top Bottom