Emergency

DJ Stephen

Fully Optimized
OMG, I just was doing my usual internet and msn, plugged the usb cable in and a load of smoke and computer went bang, it works after about 2 hours, does anyone know what went on?

thanks in advance

Did you see exactly where the smoke was coming from? That's where the clear side window of a case comes in handy. I would've rushed to the side and see what went on, then cut the power immediately by flipping the switch. You're lucky the PC's still working.

Open up the side panel and see if you can trace the smell or look for charred parts or any other clue as to where it originated from. What kind of power supply do you have? Must have been a surge. Was there a loud sound when that occured? It's amazing everything still works, so that's the good thing.

It wasnt a toaster i plugged in!! I plugged in just the cable for muy mp3 player and it happened, doesnt look like anything has fried except one of the memory sticks!:(

wow! sounds like youve had a lucky escape. i bet your heart dropped when that happened. like TRDCorolla said youre lucky it still works at least that has to be a good sign. what happens after the two hours? does it just cut out, can you smell anymore smoke from it when it does?

jeez man, that is like one time, i plugged in a molar thing and there was a big blue spark in the plastic, but my comp still works.

ya and like did you just keep hitting the on button, until it worked? (like for the 2 hours)

lol i'm stupid i alwasy hot swap my hard drives and optical drives while the computers running causei 'm to lazy to turn the comp off to plug it in or unplugg it

kyleman999 said:
lol i'm stupid i alwasy hot swap my hard drives and optical drives while the computers running causei 'm to lazy to turn the comp off to plug it in or unplugg it

Er... You may want to stop doing that. Your luck will eventually run out. :D

Back
Top Bottom