Emachine Problem

ComputerNewbie1

Beta member
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, but I have a problem. my Emachine T6528 for some reason is having trouble starting up.

This is what happens when I hit the power button:
-Computer beeps
-Light is on
-The HD light is off
-Monitor is blank
-Keyboard is unresponsive. The keyboard does have power since when I plug it in, all the lights light up to show that there is power. Unfortunetely, I can't hit caps lock or anything to get it ot light up.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas as to the problem, that would be much appreciated. I tested my monitor using the laptops and it is good. It seems the problem is related to the computer PC itself..

Thank you!
-Jimmy

I have had a problem like this with my laptop. If there is anything else you can tell me about how it happened it might help me find out what the problem is.

From what I can tell, here are some options I have.
1. If possible, which it seems like its not, do a restore of your computer. (f11) once you turn on the computer
2. It might not work because a laptop isn't the same as a desktop, but unplug the computer and let it cool down for a while

I hope the computer didn't fall or anything, because then the problems would be physical and would have to be repaired.

again plz post some more information if possible

very first thing to check would be your RAM try taking it out and putting it back in again

I have had a problem like this with my laptop. If there is anything else you can tell me about how it happened it might help me find out what the problem is.

From what I can tell, here are some options I have.
1. If possible, which it seems like its not, do a restore of your computer. (f11) once you turn on the computer
2. It might not work because a laptop isn't the same as a desktop, but unplug the computer and let it cool down for a while

I hope the computer didn't fall or anything, because then the problems would be physical and would have to be repaired.

again plz post some more information if possible

The only thing that I can think of is:
-My brother likes to leave the computer on and doesn't turn it off very often. So the computer is pretty much constantly running.
-We just had a birthday party and my brother's friends were messing with the computer. I have a sneaking suspicions that they might have messed something up and broken it(?)

I will try that f11 trick now, but my keyboard doesn't respond so it's probably a very long shot.

very first thing to check would be your RAM try taking it out and putting it back in again

Sorry, I'm a newb, but what does my ram look like haha. I'll take a picture so you guys can help me figure it out...

Ok, reset the ram, didn't do a thing...

I didn't hear a beep this time...Motherboard is toast?

Do you know if the computer has ever been upgraded? It could be a power problem make sure its receiving enough power to run. make sure the battery still has a charge and if not plug it in. if that doesnt work you could go out and buy a new battery for it. shouldnt be too bad of a price.

Do you know if the computer has ever been upgraded? It could be a power problem make sure its receiving enough power to run. make sure the battery still has a charge and if not plug it in. if that doesnt work you could go out and buy a new battery for it. shouldnt be too bad of a price.

your not really with it today are ya ? its a desktop only dead battery cud b cmos and u cnt plug that in lol

your not really with it today are ya ? its a desktop only dead battery cud b cmos and u cnt plug that in lol

its a desktop oops... my bad :eek: someone said something about a laptop hahaha then check the power supply :D

thanks for correcting me

and ya im a little tired. maybe ill sleep.

How many times does it "beep"?

If it's just one beep, this means the computer passed the POST (power on self test), and then will attempt to search for a boot device (should be your hard drive). If this is the case, turn the computer off (by holding the power switch until it goes off) and check all connections inside the case, make sure they are nice and tight- then try and power on again.

If it's more than one "beep", such as two short beeps, one long, something in a sequence, you should look up the BIOS (basic input output system) codes to figure out what the problem is. Most beeps are a result of items being jarred loose- so the step above also applies in this area. If the beep is specific, and you find the code, it should tell you the device that is faulty, so you can remove it.

I just seen where you re-seated the RAM, and you now have no beep at all. There is a little round battery on the motherboard, which you should carefully remove, and leave it out for about five minutes. Place it back it, and power on- let's hope for a beep.

Back
Top Bottom