Ejecting problems

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I don't know if anyone would know this but I have noticed that for the last few months my CD-RW drive does something strange. Basicly when I press the button that makes the tray come out I have to press it few times until it comes out. Like when I put a CD in and push it back in and then want to eject it at times I have to press 3 times or more to have it come out. It seems like it trys to eject the tray but it won't so after I press once on the eject button it tries to come out but at times it doesn't so I press it again and it seems like then it tries to read the cd and open it but then i press the third time then it finaly comes out. But sometimes it takes 5 times to actualy come out. I wonder what is making it not eject when I press it once. I can say that everything else seems to be working fine since it reads CDs and everything.

This CD-RW came with my eMachines T1100 tower.

This might help:

You may have a formatted CD-RW disk in the drive and it is being locked by Adaptec Direct CD. Right click on the disk icon next to the clock and select Eject disk from the drop down menu. If the icon is not there then start the Adaptec Direct CD program and it will appear.

Actualy this happens in any CDs. It doesn't matter if it's a game cd or music cd. Basicly even at times if there is no CD inside I have to press the eject button few times.

Try going into Device Manager and removing the drive. Then reboot and let Windows redetect and initialize it.

Some drives use a rubber band to connect two pulley type things. They use this so if the drive gets caught it won't burn up the motor or grind the gears. I've had a drive before where the band gets kinked or messed up and it doesn't want to open correctly. Might want to check this. It should be easily visible when you eject the drive, it's usually on the left hand side.

Some drives use a rubber band to connect two pulley type things. They use this so if the drive gets caught it won't burn up the motor or grind the gears. I've had a drive before where the band gets kinked or messed up and it doesn't want to open correctly. Might want to check this. It should be easily visible when you eject the drive, it's usually on the left hand side.
Yeah, sounds like something is physically stopping the drive from ejecting.

Back
Top Bottom