Effectve Screen Sharing Software?

Mzor

Beta member
There very well could be nothing that meets my needs, but 'm going to give it a shot anyway.

I have two computers, one of which is a laptop, one of which is a full desktop. The laptop (A netbook, really) isn't very powerful, and it'd be nice if I could basically screen share between the two.

The only thing I've tried for screen sharing before has crashed the laptop because it was too heavy of something, but is there anything that can basically let another computer's keyoard and mouse send input to another, and then have the second comp send an image of ts screen back? I was thinking maybe there would some kind of wireless hardware which could send data directly to the laptop.. but I don't know.

Sorry if this is confusing.

Are you talking about remotely controlling the the laptop with the desktop PC? If so, VNC will do that. If you're talking about using the laptop as a second monitor for the desktop PC, then I'm not sure how that would work.

Remote Desktop will work for that, comes with Windows XP. Will work wirelessly was long as both computers are on internet.

No, Home has that too. I know because I have Home on my laptop and use it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom