DX10 Question

I believe that the cards themselves are compatible with XP, but you won't be able to enable DX10 settings. It'll just be like a really fast DX9 card.

THEpiGUY said:
I believe that the cards themselves are compatible with XP, but you won't be able to enable DX10 settings. It'll just be like a really fast DX9 card.

i know this may be a total newb question, but what exactly is DX (directX)??? i thought it was part of the card.

THEpiGUY said:

yes, the cards are compatable with xp, but DX 10 is not. it will go down and use your DX9.

X1337 said:
I read up that Windows XP SP3 Is going to have DX10 Enable.

I doubt that. Atleast in the beginning microsoft said that dx10 will be only for vista, and I don't know why they would change it since if it's only for vista that means that any gamer who wants top of the line graphics will be getting vista -> lotsa money for microsoft.

mammikoura said:
I doubt that. Atleast in the beginning microsoft said that dx10 will be only for vista, and I don't know why they would change it since if it's only for vista that means that any gamer who wants top of the line graphics will be getting vista -> lotsa money for microsoft.
No I rember reading up on the DX10 Will be enable for WinXp. But I'm sure Microsoft got a Idea that cracked Keys and hidden files that cant change, so start buying new Keys from Microsoft

Back
Top Bottom