DVI or AVG

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I know that DVI is Digital obviously and VGA is Analog but which is better or is here any difference at all? I got a new 22" Syncmaster 226BW and finally got my new comp funning after diagnosing its hard drive problem(thanks to all ur help guys) and it has AVG and DVI connections. When I connected it to my GPU via the DVI connector however I got the "cable not connected" error so it only works with AVG I guss but what is the difference and which is better?

Well I can't seem to find a difference myself between VGA and DVI. I think it really depends on the resolution.

do u have any idea why it doesnt work then? Do I have to have both of them hooked up(DVI and AVG) for it to work because it says "Cable not connected Analog"

do u have any idea why it doesnt work then? Do I have to have both of them hooked up(DVI and AVG) for it to work because it says "Cable not connected Analog"

Sounds like there might be a switch on the monitor to switch between VGA (analog) and DVI (digital). Usually signified by Port #1 and #2. Check the monitor mate.

idk...not right now lol it says that DVI works with specific monitors only? in the manual which is retarded if this doesn't

Do you even have the right cable? -_-... and it's VGA. AVG is the name of anti-virus software. Could be a bad cable.

Back
Top Bottom