dvd writer or software isnt working!?

me

Solid State Member
Hello, trying to get the DVDwriter to write some audio cd's via nero 6 and it says it all works and writing the CD etc but when I get the new CD out of the burner there's nothing on it. I can play audio cd's from the burner so I know its all hooked up. Its puzzlingly me completely, the software doesnt have any hitches I know of, no error prompts at all.

Any advice appreciated!

Chris

Proberly nothings wrong with it, In my burner when i burn some cd-r's it wont read them. I put the cd in my other drives and it works fine. Strange things.

thanx for the reply buy I try the other drives and my cd player, which plays everything even badly burnt cd's from my mates burner and nothing, usually when you burn a cd there's a slight colour change noticable on the cd to the non-recorded part but on the ones ive tried there's nothing, its all the same colour.

Im competely baffled! any ideas, again much appreciated!

Chris

You sure it says it wrote to the disk?? Maybe you got a duff burner? Im pretty much shocked too, lol.

me said:
Hello, trying to get the DVDwriter to write some audio cd's via nero 6 and it says it all works and writing the CD etc but when I get the new CD out of the burner there's nothing on it. I can play audio cd's from the burner so I know its all hooked up. Its puzzlingly me completely, the software doesnt have any hitches I know of, no error prompts at all.

Any advice appreciated!

Chris
I have no problem with this and Nero Express,useing a cd-r disk and a cd-rw burner.
Aren't you going about this with the wrong writer ?
You can't play a music cd in a dvd player.
Music cd's aren't dvd audio disks.
:confused:

bluto said:
I have no problem with this and Nero Express,useing a cd-r disk and a cd-rw burner.
Aren't you going about this with the wrong writer ?
You can't play a music cd in a dvd player.
Music cd's aren't dvd audio disks.
:confused:

Nope, they should read them lol.

me said:

Any advice appreciated!

Chris

Try writing it in Windows Media Player Burner; I've never used Nero for it but as far as I've seen of it working its only really good for files and Video.

windows media player burner? havent found that..ive got the player, just not the burner but ill have another look!

dvd players should play almost anything! mp3,avi, mpeg,wav etc.. I can play audio cd's in the dvd just not burn them :S
Im really stuck!! Ive checked everything, maybe its the burner..going to give the manufacture a call tomorrow and see..

Thankyou all!

Chris:)

me said:
windows media player burner? havent found that..ive got the player, just not the burner but ill have another look!

dvd players should play almost anything! mp3,avi, mpeg,wav etc.. I can play audio cd's in the dvd just not burn them :S
Im really stuck!! Ive checked everything, maybe its the burner..going to give the manufacture a call tomorrow and see..

Thankyou all!

Chris:)
I had another look at your first post.Many burned disks are unreadable in Explorer but will be recognized by the right player.
:D

Back
Top Bottom