dvd ide problem

zackcon2

In Runtime
ok i just built my computer and i installed microsoft xp pro 64 bit then all the drivers for my mobo. after the restart for drivers from mobo it just quit reading disk. i have no clue why it wont show up under my computer. i just got win 7 and want to install it but my dvd drive wont work. yes the jumpers are correct. yes its plugged in. yes the drive works (though i have tried 4 diff ones). i even downloaded the IDE driver from the asus web sight still nothing. im running out of ideas and i realy want to get this win 7 on my comp so i can get all my stuff situated. all my comp specs are in my sig. thanks

Did you look at your CD drive in setup?
Try changing your drive to slave and/or cable select.

Push delete while your computer loads.
This should put you in CMOS.
Have it look for your DVD.

i was trying to figure out how to make it search but with no luck any idea what it would be under (cadigory) and what might be called. relitivly.

ok when i tell the computer to boot off the cd i can hear it rev up and stay that way but it just times out and starts normaly. i do not understand why. i searched the bios for a few hrs and enabled anything that seemed to be ide and still nothing. if i have a sata dvd drive will i have the problems im having now?

I think?
It will show an IDE as a SATA drive.
Go to devise manager and delete your drive (CD)
then reboot and it will show another driver.
I have an IDE CD drive on this modern machine running Vista.

i removed all the dives under that then restarted it put them all back and nothing. i also checked under the satas in bios it was only showing my hard drive. didnt see anything to search for new stuff either. atleast the new monitor i got with my new os is not disapointing.

Back
Top Bottom