DVD Drive not reading discs

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Yeah. I've posted about this before but this is the strangest tech problem to befall mankind so it is nearly unresolvable and I need help with it.

My new DVD ROM and my other CD ROM are plugged into my Mobo via IDE, however, they do not read anything, even though there is no reported problems with them via Windows, and, they cannot be accessed through My Computer [there is a drive E: and G: but E: opens into a blank folder and G: says "insert disk" no matter what I do, if a disc is in or not]. My BIOS does not record their existance (says that a Primary Master Drive, aka one of my Disc drives, is unknown and cannot be detected). I did not set it's jumper settings but I do not know how nor do I think I need to, is there anyway I can do it manually or do I need some stupid piece of equipment? I'm SICK of not being able to use discs.

NeciFiX

I need help ASAP

is in in the correct fdd slot it needs to be in 2 not one(primary slot)

The port the drives were in has died for some reason, I used the port above it though and it appears to have worked, you have no idea how happy I am! I fixed it myself, sorry for the topic!

yep thought that was the problem, please give some rep if you wouldn't mind haven't had any in a month lolz.

Back
Top Bottom