DVD drive

bobert1

BSOD
i need a new diver for my laptops dvd drive . this is the model number HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8081n. i carnt find a drive can u help

i went into the device manager to check y it carnt load cd's or dvd' it has a yellow caution sign and it says error 30 and that means that the driver is cruppted

Try right clicking the Drive in Device Manager, and click Uninstall....then reboot your computer and it should re-install it for you

Matt

bobert said:
i went into the device manager to check y it carnt load cd's or dvd' it has a yellow caution sign and it says error 30 and that means that the driver is cruppted
It doesnt mean that the driver is corrupted, its caused by an IRQ that cannot be shared. This may occur when a PCI/EISA SCSI controller is sharing an IRQ that is also in use by a real-mode device driver that Windows cannot change.

To resolve this error code, remove the real-mode driver that is using the same IRQ as this device. The real-mode driver may be loading in the Config.sys or Autoexec.bat file.

i dont mean to be horrible to the guy but i think he may need instructions with this.

dude_se said:
i dont mean to be horrible to the guy but i think he may need instructions with this.
Do you wanna do the honours mate, im off to bed in a min, gotta goto hospital in the morning :)

Back
Top Bottom